Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Reynolda House, Inc. as to Reynolda House Museum of American Art and Wake Forest University as to Reynolda Gardens.
Where is information gathered about you?
We automatically collect information from you when you access reynolda.org (see subsection “Device information collected by us”), as well as when you use the following services:
- Go Links (i.e. short URLs)
- Add This (i.e. social link sharing)
- Email newsletters
- Broken-link submissions
We also ask for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, this information is collected on an opt-in basis when you submit information using web forms, sign-up for our newsletter, or by making a payment or gift to the Museum or Gardens. This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number, and shipping and billing address;
- personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and purchase history;
- images, photos and videos; or
- personal communications and marketing preferences.
What do we use your information for?
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our website by identifying (1) which parts of our site are most heavily used, and (2) which portion of our audience comes from within the Reynolda network. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that user sessions will be tracked, but the users will remain anonymous.
We will use your personal data to provide requested content or services and to communicate information about our services, events, products, and for other promotional purposes. For example, if you participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the event or promotion. An email address you provide may be used to send you information, or respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you sign up for a newsletter, we may use that information for other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our web pages.
We will not sell your information to third-parties, but may provide it to certain entities in circumstances in which we believe that doing so is necessary or appropriate, such as to: satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary. In addition, the purchases of goods or services reflected on reynolda.org occur through third-parties on different websites.
Device information collected by us
We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access reynolda.org, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language or other information of this nature. We use this information in an aggregate fashion to track access to reynolda.org. We will not disclose site usage by individual IP addresses unless compelled to do so by law. Web server logs are retained on a temporary basis and then deleted from our systems.
This non-personal information is shared with companies we partner with for applications used for site functionality or to inform how our site is used. These companies include:
- Google: Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Site Search
- Social link sharing
By using reynolda.org, you are consenting to the processing of the data about your visit by these companies in the manner and for the purposes that we describe.
You may disable cookies through your individual browser options. Doing so may prevent you from receiving the full functionality available for our website. If you would like to learn more about cookies generally, you can obtain information the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Links to third-party websites
We may provide hyperlinks to third-party websites as a convenience to users of reynolda.org Reynolda.org does not control third-party websites and is not responsible for the contents of any linked-to, third-party websites or any hyperlink in a linked-to website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third-party websites.
Reynolda.org may allow you to subscribe to content via email. If you no longer wish to receive email from Reynolda, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each email. You may choose to remove yourself from a specific email, or all emails to which you’re subscribed.
If you send us email messages, you should be aware that information disclosed in email may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information in email.
Use of your email address
We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your permission.
Online gifts made to Reynolda House and Reynolda Gardens can be canceled up to 72 hours after submission for a full refund. All online gift transactions occur through and are processed by Wake Forest University.
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
- Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
- Retention of your personal data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Managing your personal data: You may have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data (both the categories of data we collect, which is laid out in this policy, and particular types); (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data; (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances as provided by applicable law. We do not sell your personal data. We will not discriminate against you for the exercise of these rights.
Changes to this policy
Questions about this policy
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.