Plan Your Visit
Visitor Tips & Policies
Welcome! Reynolda is a historic estate that is open for all to discover. We hope you enjoy your experience and ask that you follow these guidelines during your visit:
Our team is committed to providing you with the best and safest experience possible. View all of our COVID-19 safety measures, policies, and notices here.
Please visit at a later date if you: have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, are currently showing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever or cough, have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days, or were in close proximity to a confirmed or presumed COVID-19 case within the last 14 days.
Reserve your tickets online in advance of your visit. Walk-ins are welcome! You may purchase tickets at the front desk.
Face coverings are required for all visitors over the age of two regardless of vaccination status. We are happy to provide a face covering if needed.
Please keep at least six feet of physical distance from others who are not accompanying you on your visit while you are inside the Museum.
Please wash your hands frequently and use the hand sanitizer provided inside the Museum.
Please keep any personal items over 11 x 15 inches in your vehicle.
We ask that everyone be respectful of one another, the artwork, and our Museum. Please keep a safe (arms-length) distance from all art and historic furnishings.
We allow photography with hand-held cameras for personal use, unless we have posted otherwise. Flash, tripods, and selfie sticks are not permitted. Please keep a safe distance from artworks and furnishings when taking photos, and be mindful of others.
Enjoy our Reynolda Revealed app while you tour the museum, and feel free to tweet and text about what you’re learning! On the app, you can view a list of what’s currently on exhibit from our collection, as our works rotate regularly.
Concealed weapons are prohibited on the Reynolda grounds and Wake Forest University campus.
The Museum is a smoke-free facility.
Those who don’t follow our guidelines may be respectfully asked to depart the grounds. For the safety of everyone at Reynolda, all bags entering the building are subject to search. Please report any suspicious activity or persons to a protection officer.
Reynolda is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Group visits are scheduled through the Education Office. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Organized events may not be held, with the exception of weddings scheduled through Reynolda.
- Pets on leashes are welcome, except in the Formal Gardens. Please pick up waste and dispose of it in proper containers.
- No loud music.
- The collection of plants and animals is only permitted with staff permission.
- Bikes are only allowed on paved roadways.
- Do not stand on walls or fountains, put your hands in the fountains at Reynolda, or throw anything in the fountains.
- Stay on appropriate pathways in the Greater and Formal Gardens—do not step on the plant beds.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Formal Gardens.
- Children must be closely supervised at all times.
- Blankets or furniture may not be placed on the grass or in the garden.
- No running.
- Pets are not allowed in the Formal Gardens, with the exception of service animals.
- Individuals who are not professional photographers are welcome to take casual photos any time.
- Drone photography is not permitted without prior written permission.
- Portrait photography, which includes bridal, individual, and family portraits, must be scheduled through reynolda.org/photography.
- Photography that is intended for commercial purposes, including all forms of advertising, must be approved by the Reynolda Gardens office and scheduled at least one month in advance. A fee will be charged and restrictions apply.
- To schedule a photo session, visit reynolda.org/photography.
- View our estate photography policy.
To learn more about Reynolda Village, enjoy our free, self-guided tour by downloading the Reynolda Revealed app.
Share your images and posts on Facebook and Instagram by tagging @reynoldavillage and #Reynolda. Follow us @reynoldavillage on social media to find the best selfie spots (hint: secret waterfall) and to learn more information about all the things you can see and do while visiting.
We ask that everyone be respectful of our historic buildings, grounds, and landscaping. Children must be closely supervised at all times. Please do not climb or stand on stone walls. Bikes are only allowed on paved roadways.
If you use our picnic tables or outdoor benches, or if you picnic on our grounds, please tidy up before you leave and dispose of trash in the provided receptacles. Please keep all music at a low volume to prevent disturbing others’ peaceful enjoyment of Reynolda.
For more information on hosting an event at Reynolda, visit the Facility Rentals page.
Well-behaved pets on leash are welcome outdoors at Reynolda Village (subject to individual merchant’s policies). Please pick up waste and dispose of it in the proper container.
In Reynolda Village, mask policies are in accordance with current state and local guidelines. However, individual merchants may impose their own policies above and beyond these guidelines. Please adhere to each merchant’s policies and requests for the safety of all.
Please visit at a later date if you have: tested positive within the past 10 days for Covid-19, are currently showing COVID-19 symptoms (including fever and/or cough), have had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, or were in close proximity to a confirmed or presumed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days.