Skip to content
- Copyrights: The text, images, graphics, audio files, video clips and data on the “Reynolda” (Reynolda House Museum of American Art (the “Museum”), Wake Forest University) website (the “Site”), are protected by United States copyright laws. Reynolda retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Content”). The copyright of the Content and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, Reynolda.
Reynolda does not warrant that use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Reynolda. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist’s heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
- Fair Use: Reynolda expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this Site, except as may be permitted pursuant to applicable United States copyright laws.
- Unauthorized Uses: Any use of the Content, including modification, transmission, presentation, distribution, use in conjunction with advertisements, or republication, is prohibited without the prior written consent of Reynolda.
- Commercial Use: Unauthorized commercial copying, redistribution, publication, or exploitation of Reynolda’s content in any manner is strictly prohibited. If users would like to employ any of the Site’s Content for commercial use or publication, please visit the Museum (rights and reproductions page) and submit a request.
- User Generated Content: From time-to-time Reynolda may invite users to share content through its website. Please know that by submitting Content to reynolda.org, the user grants Reynolda a license to reproduce, duplicate, and display their Content in all mediums now known or hereinafter devised. It is strictly prohibited to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, or infringing material that could constitute conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, a violation of privacy or publicity, or otherwise violate law. Users represent and warrant that they own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content shared with Reynolda; that the content is accurate; that use of the content supplied will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that users will indemnify Reynolda for all claims resulting from content supplied. Reynolda takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted by users or a third party.
- Trademarks: Many of the trademarks, service marks, wordmarks, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on this Site, including the Museum, are registered or unregistered marks and are protected by United States trademark laws. Any use of these assets is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Museum and Reynolda. All other trademarks, product names, and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners. Any unauthorized use of Reynolda’s trademarks is strictly prohibited.
- Limitation of Liability. Neither Reynolda, its affiliates, trustees, directors, officers, employees, or agents shall have any liability for any damages, including without limitation, any indirect, incidental, compensatory, punitive, special, or consequential damages (even if Reynolda has been advised of the possibility of such damages) arising from or related to the use of the site, content, and/or compilation.
- Indemnity: By downloading, printing, viewing, or otherwise using Content from the Site, users agree and warrant that they will limit their use of such files to lawful use and will comply with all other terms and conditions of this agreement, and will not violate the rights of Reynolda or any other person or entity. In using the Contents, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Reynolda, its affiliates, trustees, directors, officers, employees, or agents harmless from all claims, causes, costs, expenses, fees, judgments, liabilities, losses, and damages arising from or relating to your use of the Content.
- Amendments: Reynolda may revise these Terms and Conditions and other notices contained herein by updating this posting at any time. Site users are bound by such revisions and should periodically visit this page to review the Terms and Conditions.