Join us for a summer adventure! Art Adventures and Writing Adventures camps provide an opportunity for young artists and writers to explore the historic house, estate grounds, and Museum’s renowned collection of American art. Inspired by the art collection, participants in Art Adventures will produce five original works of art, while Writing Adventures participants will craft several written compositions of different genres. Summer adventure camps are week-long, half-day camps for elementary and middle school students.
During the Creative Writing Workshop — designed exclusively for students who have completed grades 6-9 — participants will actively engage in the writing process to produce their own written compositions from the pre-writing through the publishing stages. Students are encouraged to find a personal connection to works in the fine art collection that will inspire their writing. Additionally, the workshop will include art activities in the studio, an exploration into the history of the Reynolds family, their grand estate, and a glimpse behind the scenes of the Museum.
- Neil Wilcox scholarships
- Eligibility and application information can be found here. Applications may be mailed, faxed or emailed, and should be received by May 1.
- The scholarship application form will be posted here when camp registration opens.
- Want to contribute to the Neil Wilcox Scholarship Fund? Please contact Sarah Blackwell at email@example.com or 336.758.5029.
- Cancelation requests must be received five business days before the start of session or a $25 fee will apply. Contact camp registrar Julia Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.758.5599 to conduct a cancelation.
- Photo release disclaimer
- Reynolda House may photograph or film summer programs for fundraising or documentary purposes. If you prefer that your child not be photographed or filmed, submit a written and signed request with your registration form.
Camp Dates, Cost, and Registration
Stay tuned for updated information about the return of Summer Adventures’ camps return in Summer 2022. Registration opens on February 1, 2022. Registration will be available through direct links below to pay by credit card or check. Look for a downloadable registration form here once registration opens.
- Art Adventures
- Completed grades K-5
- Writing Adventures
- Completed grades 1-5
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Completed grades 6-9